A little while ago, Easha of Glittering Girly Gwent Gaming proposed a writing prompt in the Blaugust Discord server that was something like “Describe how you write a blog post like it was a recipe.”
I decided to join in too but instead of doing a post like them I will just take the prompt literally and write like it was a food recipe! I am doing it like this because this prompt triggers my silly side. Sorry~
- A game or games of your choice. Feel free to substitute this one for something relevant to your blog’s theme if you don’t write about games.
- Screenshots, artwork or other relevant pictures for the topic at hand.
- Play the game or games of your choice until you come up with an idea for a post
- Be sure to take plenty of screenshots for your posts.
- Alternatively, if you feel inspired by a fellow blogger’s post that is fine too. Just be nice and link to their post when writing your own.
- Write like you were drunk. 1
- Once you finished writing let it rest for at least a day
- Edit your post, correcting typos, clunky phrases or cutting anything that seems redundant
- While editing add the screenshots, pictures or other relevant pictures. Every two or three paragraphs is usually a good placement for them.
- Hit the publish button!
- Share the link across Social Media and/or Discord servers!
Start pondering all your life choices up to this point.
Serves 1 to however many readers your host’s bandwidth allows.
And there you have it! A very quick and dirty recipe for a blog post. I wouldn’t even say it is a good recipe but it is definitely a recipe!
Credits: Image provided by the Wikimedia Commons and using the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.